Spring / Summer
Starting as soon as Mother Nature will let us put plants outside . . . typically mid-April when night temps are above 40 degrees.
> Last average frost date May 15th
> Check baskets and containers each day for watering. The later in the season the more water they require
Kathy's Top Picks for drought tolerant and low deadheading:
Dragon Wing Begonias -sun or shade
Wax Begonias- sun or shade
Grasses - sun
Sweet Potato Vine- sun or shade
*Fertilize once a week for maximum results- use recommended amounts
Blooming perennials to look for in the garden- Coneflowers, Delphinium, Shasta Daisy, Liatris, Bee Balm, and Rudbeckia.
* Keep an eye out for these, if you do not have them add them to your garden for great summer color!!
We have 4 container seasons
Fall - Maple Grove location only
Winter - Maple Grove Open till December 15th
Each season brings new life to the garden and new opportunities never stop imaging!
Fun Facts for July
* harvest only seeds from healthy plants
* water 2-3 times a week in hot dry times
* hill soils around potatoes and carrots to prevent green shoulders
* sow a second planting of green beans
*reseed dill and cilantro
* harvest summer squash and cucumbers while they are still young and tender
*prune out old woody raspberry and blackberry canes
Fall / Winter
Our Maple Grove location will be ready to serve you.
Mums * Pumpkins * Straw
* Painted Pumpkins & Much More
Largest Selection of greens anywhere
Spruce Tops * Birch Poles * Wreaths
* Garland * Winter Containers
Large and Small Cones
Painted and Non-Painted
We are open through December 15th for Christmas Trees, Porch Pots and Wreaths.